Our Favorite Alkaline Broth Recipe:
- 2 Cups chopped bok choy
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped onions
- 4 sliced scallions
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger cut in half
- 1 whole stalk of lemongrass sliced
- 4 chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional if you don't like spice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a large pot. Fill the pot till the vegetables are completely covered with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the pot to a simmer, and let simmer for 3-8 hours.
If you are following the Beauty Cleanse Guidebook Alkaline Broth Recipe, all of your vegetables combined should total at least 2 Cups.